Legal Aid Chicago Ambassadors act as organizational representatives in the greater Chicagoland community. Active participation with the Ambassadors Board provides opportunities for individuals to expand their professional network and to develop a personal philanthropic relationship with the organization.
Each member is expected to fulfill the following four obligations:
- Make an initial annual contribution paid upon joining ($100 – professionals; $25 – students)
- Join one of three main committees (Social, Outreach, and Member Engagement) and active participation in committee projects and special Ambassadors Board initiatives
- Attend a minimum of 2 of the 4 quarterly membership meetings
- Attend a minimum of 2 of the 3 Legal Aid Chicago/Ambassadors Board annual fundraising events (Justice Is Served Spring Gala/Legal Aid Chicago Annual Luncheon / Ambassadors Board Autumn Affair)
- Inclusion on the Ambassadors Board membership list on the Legal Aid Chicago website
- Inclusion in select marketing and organizational materials distributed by Legal Aid Chicago
- Special media recognition highlighting member accomplishments
- Opportunity to list Ambassadors Board membership on firm/company biography or resume
- Opportunities to build and expand network of professional contacts
- Opportunity to build leadership skills and assume leadership roles on the AB
- Networking opportunities with Legal Aid Chicago Governing Board of Directors
Ready to join? The Ambassadors Board welcomes new members year round – get involved now and help make a difference for Legal Aid Chicago!Join the Ambassadors Board Here!
So you’ve joined the Ambassadors Board, what next?
Legal Aid Chicago’s staff liaison to the Ambassadors Board will reach out to set up a meeting with you and a Member Steward to go over the structure of the Board and bring you up to speed on current projects and needs.