Dear Friends of Legal Aid Chicago:
As our country confronts the pandemic, the leadership here is taking all appropriate steps to ensure the health and safety of our staff and volunteers while ensuring we do not waiver in our commitment to our clients—those most vulnerable to these emergency circumstances. To that end, we have taken the following steps:
- Our staff is continuing to serve clients, but our office at 120 S. LaSalle St is closed until further notice. Staff is working remotely.
- New clients seeking legal help can apply online at www.legalaidchicago.org or by calling 312-341-1070.
- All legal clinics in March are cancelled.
- Our court help-desks are closed until April 15th.
- All outreach, trainings, and workshops are postponed until further notice.
- Our April 17th Justice is Served fundraiser has been rescheduled for October 2nd.
We will be monitoring the situation daily and will make adjustments to this plan as needed.
It is an extremely difficult time for all, but it is especially so for our client population — many of whom are hourly employees who will bear the brunt of the financial hardship. We will continue to stand with them and monitor legal developments in Washington, Springfield, and Chicago, ensuring that their many critical legal rights are enforced and fulfilled during this public-health and economic crisis.
Our internal mantra is, “We can do this together.” There is no better time than now to support our amazing, dedicated team. Join us. You can do so here.