Why Donate to Legal Aid Chicago?
Legal Aid Chicago provides people living in poverty with comprehensive free legal services to resolve non-criminal issues. We make equal justice a reality in metropolitan Chicago and break the cycle of poverty.
Last year, your contributions allow Legal Aid Chicago to help:
- 1,406 families to stay in their homes through preserving housing subsidies, preventing unfair foreclosures, and stopping illegal evictions. More than 75% of those homes have female heads of household.
- Our clients to obtain $27,540,459 in reduced debts, increased assets, and income supports, such as Veterans Benefits, Food Stamps, Crime Victims Compensation and Social Security Disability Benefits.
- 682 families to be safer — from physical and financial abuse, dangerous housing and schools, and improper senior care. More than half of them were children, and 45% were people with disabilities.
- 1,760 families to gain healthcare and other health improvements, such as food stamps, medicare, medicaid, protection from abusers, and admission to long-term care facilities.
By giving to Legal Aid Chicago, you allow us to help more than 30,000 people each year. We rely on your contributions to make a difference.
Support equal justice. Support Legal Aid Chicago. Donate today.
Looking for more information about Legal Aid Chicago?
- Legal Aid Chicago Annual Report
- IRS 990, Audit, and Financial Information
- Upcoming Legal Aid Chicago Events
- Legal Aid Chicago eNewsletters and MediaLAF Blog